Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pretty leaf collages....

The boys and I went on a beautiful walk today and collected lots of leaves. It is that bittersweet time of year and it is amazing to be here in the mountains! Colter came home and decided to make Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Lester a pretty leaf picture. He knows how much Aunt Bonnie likes the colors in the fall since she was here the last two years in September. After he finished his masterpiece he made one for Mimi and is planning on another for Micheal (at that point he told me it was "so he would know what he was missing") That kid cracks me up. Four years old is so much fun, actually he is "four and five quarters". I am really enjoying the stages that the boys are at right now. They are both so much fun to hang out with and they still like me! I don't know what age that ends, but I will be crying. Dylan is a strong willed little man and has a very good idea of what he wants and when. Let's just say that he is learning about Time-Outs months before Colter was introduced to the subject--and we thought Colter was a busy boy. After Dylan and I being gone in Denver for a while, Colter decided we needed some at home time and informed me that we could stay home and lay around for one whole week and then have some days in Moab. He has it all figured out.
Last weekend we all met up in Grand Junction. Trevor and Colter went to an Air Show where they saw the Blue Angels, a bi-plane, a stunt plane and lots of other good stuff. Colter cannot get over the diesel truck that had a jet engine. "Mom, it shot FIRE! And it raced the airplanes, and at the end it blew smoke and the plane flew through it and , and , and...." he can talk about that thing for hours. He met the driver and he got an autographed picture and "Oh my gosh Mom it went so fast! It was so COOL, MOM!" We stayed at Shawn and Jamie's house on Saturday night and had a great time. Colter and Brooklyn play so well together and we always enjoy our visits with them.
Noah is continuing to fight and improving everyday. It will be a long road, but I know he can pull it off!

No comments: