Sunday, December 14, 2008

Powder Day!

Trevor and I got to go snowboarding together today! That is quite an event these days and we thank Modee for letting us out the door for a few hours. It was a BEAUTIFUL powder day with 14 inches of new snow and lifts opening all over the mountain, we saw lots of friends out playing today. Our friends Keith and Julie are visiting from Cali and we all had a blast. Did I mention that is was freezing cold? Not like a little bit of winter, but frostbite, bitter, chill you to the core cold. We were all recovering for hours after and I think Julie is still chilly. It is supposed to snow until Thursday, we'll see. Trevor took Colter out for a few runs in the afternoon and they made it all the way home on the road just before freezing to the point of crankiness. Skiing all the way home is one of Colter's favorite things to do. Colter and I went to see The Nutcracker on Friday night. It was very entertaining and I think he really liked it. Some of the plays and productions at our local theatre are surprisingly professional for such a small town, others are just fun to go to. This one falls into the second catagory. There were two really good dancers that were very nice to watch and then a bunch of people who love to be on stage and put on a great show! I love the music Colter recognized alot of it from listening to it on my IPOD. He has a great ear for music and an amazing memory for plays, books and music. He keeps telling me that he wants to be on stage and act in the plays, maybe when he is 6 or 7. He has started reading Dylan books from memory, and he is fairly accurate. Dylan continues to show us his personality, good and not so charming. He was sick this week for two days, high fever, pukes etc. Not so fun for anyone, but he recovered quickly and the rest of us seem to be missing out on this round. Colter only felt bad for a few hours. Mom and Dad's house got here this week and is now set on the basement. It looks pretty good, a few things to address and fix, but overall in very good shape. They should be living in it by Feb. I can't believe it is only two weeks till Christmas. This holiday season has gone by so quickly, I am very thankful for that, as the last few have been brutally long and not my favorite time of year. Hopefully I'll have some cute photos to post soon.

No comments: