Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Still limping, but getting faster

It has been a crazy few weeks of hobbling around after the kids. Colter thinks "hobble" is a really funny word and uses it in as many sentences as possible. He is also very sweet and has been trying help me do things around the house and give me foot massages. That is of course when he isn't staying just out of reach and running away laughing with something he isn't supposed to have, like chocolate. I have three or so more weeks of walking cast and then it should be back to full speed ahead. I can't wait, it is really chaotic to be trapped in the house for days on end with two very active boys. We have made some trips to the library and to lunch, but navigating with Dylan in the ice and snow is entertaining at best. Dylan has adapted well and holds onto one of my crutches as we cross the street. He is starting to talk more these days, he has been communicating very well for a long time, but not with words. Colter is claiming every word that comes out of Dylan's mouth "Hey Mom, I think he learned "bubble" from me- I wasn't even trying!" The funniest part is that Dylan usually only talks around me and Colter, for everyone else he still grunts and points- so pretty much no one believes me. Colter has been skiing with friends and is improving everytime. He is so casual about it- "Yeah Mom, we went on Lift 10 and jumped off the sides" "No I didn't like that run, I couldn't go fast enough!" His first day of Comets (ski lessons for the preschool set) is Friday and he is so excited. I think he will be faster than me by the time he is 6, he is already skiing runs that his grandparents won't go down. However, he is dreaming of Mexico and rafting in Moab. Just like his parents, always looking forward to the next season while enjoying the activities of this one. He began planning his 5 year old birthday party in Moab the other day, should be fun more on that in September! Dylan continues to impress me with his attention to detail, constant motion, new expressions and love of books. He seems to enjoy helping clean up and is good at putting things in their place. He has a whole pile of books that he likes to read over and over again and knows them by name(or atleast picture) if I ask him to bring a specific one to me. He is enjoying the snow more and even wants to go outside and play- too bad that isn't happening much these days! Tomorrow is Modee School (she takes care of them on Thursdays) and I'm sure she will be worn out after these two wound up bundles of energy get done entertaining her this week. They are enjoying their weekly time with Modee, and Colter always has a project or two in mind.

No comments: