Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ten years later...






This past weekend contained two major milestones in our lives. Trevor and I celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary and we had our first family trip that included one of Colter's friends without his parents! I can't believe that we have been married that long, the time has flown by- mostly. I am glad that there has been more good times than bad and that we are still happy, healthy and enjoying our life together. It was a great weekend of rafting and camping on the Gunnison River outside of Delta. Colter and his buddy Finn had so much fun and I have never seen boys so dirty! They found a burn pile and painted themselves with ashes. They both learned what "go ahead and have fun, but you're going to get dunked in the river when you are done" means. Dylan struggled to keep up the entire time and did an amazing job of climbing, chasing and staying just out of their way, they were very nice to him and helped him out when he got stuck somewhere. Colter and Finn are so cute together and they are great buddies. I love the imagination, questions, activity, creativity and resourcefullness that is a four year old boy. They found all kinds of bugs, snakes, built "super bridges" across small creeks, climbed up the side of the hill to find the 'secret cave", climbed trees, hiked to tall bridges, and so much more. We all fit in our tent and all kids slept through the night- I wasn't expecting that. Dylan is getting right into two year old-ness, good and bad, wow where did my little baby go? He is terrorizing his brother and can throw a great foot stomping fit. Colter says "Don't worry Dylan, I used to do that, you will get bigger and learn." On that note, Colter asked me today "Mom, how do you make your dreams come true?" and "Mom, do foxes have foreheads?" We are back to the daily chaos that is our life these days and looking forward to more breaks to go and play. The last pic is Dylan with his Baby. It is one of my Cabbage Patch kids that my mom saved for the last 25 years! He loves this little baby and sleeps with it every day and night. So cute.




No comments: