Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dylan is 2!!!

I can't believe it. He is so big and so happy! We had a wonderful day full of giggles, swimming, cakes, "backpack"- Dora, playing outside, catching bugs, jumping on the trampoline......pictures later. My camera broke and I don't have a way to download right now.
Colter, Dylan and I are in Austin, Texas for a hot summer vacation. We all went down to Denver for Tim and Meagan O'byrne's wedding (super crazy and fun weekend) and then the boys and I went for a 20 hour car ride to Texas. The boys were champs and we have been having summer fun. Lots of pool time, a day at Sea World, wedding planning for my cousin Christi and food, food, food. Colter is swimming around everywhere by himself with his mask, snorkel and fins. Dylan loves the water and can swim by himself with his life jacket and his floaty fish. Dylan has more words all the time, but "no", "Mommy" and "eat" are still favorites, these days he says "pool" alot as well. He is so happy and busy. It took a couple of days, but now he has words for Bonnie (Bommy), Michael (Mymo) and Lester (Yester) and of course Mimi---sorry Carrie, Christi and Kathy and the boys- better luck next time. Very cute, still very much his own language with lots of translation. It has been great to go to a different place with people who are helpful, kind and love my kids so we can do activities that we normally don't get to do, like swim outside at 7 pm! The boys loved Sea World, even though it was 100 degrees, and we saw all the shows and animals. Michael and Colter went on a whitewater ride, cute but not dangerous. Not sure if I could live in this type of heat again, but love visiting and we are soaking it up while we are here.
Ok, here is my Mommy bragging---he is totally potty trained! He has been using the potty for a while now and I am so thrilled, so is he. He is so proud of himself and can even get on and off the potty now. So that is that, no more diapers.
Everytime we have talked about Dylan's birthday he says "orange", referring to the bike he wants when we get home or "backpack" referring to the Dora party Colter has been planning for weeks. We baked a cake, from now on to be rememberred as the "ball cake experiment", had balloons, streamers and decorations and opened presents. Dylan was very excited and enjoyed the spotlight for a day.
Colter is asking lots of questions, as usual, and loving having new people around to play and explore with. I love four years old, I think I will like five as well! He is so grown up these days and very thoughtful and resourceful. His favorite line on this trip is "Mom, I can do that, I'm a big boy!"
More later when I can post pics,

No comments: